Frequently asked questions video conference room
1. I have connected a webcam to my computer but my webcam image is not visible during the video conference.
Note: the webcam image is only visible for yourself and for the others during the time that you are speaking. So only one webcam at the same time.
Sometimes the webcam doesn't start immediately, sometimes halve a minute later than you start speaking. Sometimes the webcam is visible only part of the time. That might be because of your internet connection or network.
You have to close other software using the webcam, such as Skype.
Checking the webcam when the webcam is not visible in the video conference room:
Go to My computer. When you see the webcam icon, click on it. When the webcam shows an image, it means that other video hardware/software has been installed and you have to disable it.
So go to My computer, click on tab "Hardware" and on "device manager". Click on Sound Video Games Controllers and check if there is something that says "Video Capture" or something like that. Open and in tab "General" choose the option "Don not use this device (disable" and click OK.
This means that after that there is only 1 video device, this is the webcam.
Then it should work in the video conferencing room.
Sometimes the webcam works after logging out and logging in again.
2. How can I make a reservation for a videoconference.
Teachers can make reservations for the eJournal videoconference room for their projects.
- Check if the VC room is free for the time that you would like to book
- Agree with your project partners for date and time
- Only one of the teachers will make the reservation. Agree who will do that.
- Fill in the Middle European Time in order to avoid double bookings
Click on the video icon below to watch a short tutorial video about booking the VC room
3. How can I record a videoconference.
Read a very detailed description here. If you want to publish the recording in eJournal, you better stop recording after about 15 minutes. Save the recording. Start recording again for about 15 minutes etc.
4. How can I publish the recording in an eJournal article.
Publish recording: can be done in 2 ways:
A. Publish recording with text in the chat box and with photos and / or ppt on the whiteboard. Click on the Video icon.
B. Publish only the video (quicktime mov). Click on the video icon.
5. How can I upload a ppt to the VC whiteboard
A user with chief editor account can upload the ppt the day before the meeting. Make sure the VC room is free before logging in.
The name of a chief editor (teacher) is bold in the list of participants of the VC.
A user with (trusted) editor account cannot see the cached presentations. The names of editors are not bold.
Procedure: see picture (Click to enlarge).