Interview with Mr. Ben van den Anker
We asked the director of our school if we could talk with him about our school for our Ejournalproject.
He made time for us and we had a very nice talk with him. Here you can read what he answered to our questions.
1. What do you do to keep the school as clean as possible?
We have people to clean the school, students also have chores one week a year. And it is important that we all do our utmost to keep the school clean. It is better to prevent it from getting dirty than to spend a lot of time cleaning it.
2. Do you think it is important that the students walk in a clean school?
Yes, it is very important to have a clean school. Everybody can work better in a clean and healthy climate.
3. Many children think that the toilets are dirty, what will the school do about that?
We often talk with our cleaning employees and put a lot of trashcanns in the toiletrooms.
4. How healty do you think the school is?
I think that the school becomes more and more healthy.
We want the school courtyard to be smoke-free in 2011.
5. Sometimes its freezing in the winter and very hot in the summer how is that possible?
And we have heating and in the winter is it not on.
The students often want fresh air because they get a headache without fresh air.
Then the windows go open and then it becomes cold.
Mayby we can buy fans. Then the air is warm in the winter and cold in the summer and the students also have fresh air. We will soon isolate windows and roof. That will help to get a better climate in the classrooms. Furthermore there we plan to put new screens on the windows to keep the sun outside in summer.
Thank you very much for this interview.
15-05-11 - Lotte Corba